Tuesday, 18 February 2014

PTI MIM #152

Hello,
well I have been away for so long due to a period of illness which struck me down on Christmas Eve, what great timing I have!
However, I'm starting to feel more like joining the human race again and when I viewed the PTI MIM technique, (View here), I thought I might just have a try at it. It is a technique I haven't seen used before...and I quite like the results.

My samples gave a varying degree of background texture and interest and although I don't have many pigment inks, I found enough in my long neglected stash to have some fun this morning.

The Platinum Planet ink used with the large fern stamp from the Meadow greens stamp set leaves a beautiful soft shimmery texture on the card which shows through the dye inks, particularly on the solid leaf stamp, giving a subtle interesting effect.
   



For this card I used:
Cardstock
Soft Stone

Stamps
Meadow Greens
Signature Greetings 2
Natural Beauties

Inks
Brilliance Platinum Planet Pigment Ink
PTI Smokey Shadow
PTI Ocean Tides
PTI Classic Kraft
PTI Dark Chocolate

Other
3 small clear jewels
 
An interesting technique and one I will definitely use again. I will do a couple more posts so I can add the links to the PTI site.

Hopefully, I'll see you again soon! Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

  1. Great to have you back in the card room enjoying the feel of paper & ink. The effects look great on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the shimmering ink underneath the floewers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!
    I am now your 13th follower. :) Would love for you to pop on over and follow my blog as well. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristie, for the invitation, and your comments. Di

      Delete
  4. So pretty. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card. This technique really gives this card a special look. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous take on this technique!

    ReplyDelete